Serendipity introduces its premier product offering, WorkLight, at the DEMO 07 conference. Worklight is a secure and scalable server-based software product that provides information workers and customers with customized and personalized "Web 2.0-Style" access to corporate data that resides in enterprise applications. For the first time, application data are available via data services and technologies such as RSS, Ajax, desktop and web-based gadet/widgets, social bookmarks, application mashups and more.
Serendipity was selected to be a part of DEMO, a semi-annual conference that gives attendees a sneak peek at emerging technologies and new products.
- Enterprise application data become just like web content; accessible in the same form as web content and by means of the same web technologies. Furthermore, application data and web content can be freely mixed.
- People at work will use the same services familiar to them at home to access enterprise data: personalized homepages such as Google, Yahoo or Microsoft Live, RSS aggregators, desktop and web-based gadgets and widgets, social bookmarking, etc.
- Information workers define their own user experience – at work as well as at home. Mini-applications are created by end-users themselves and are shared with colleagues and peers.
- User-created applications conform to strictest IT compliance and data security policies.
One of the main features is the WorkLight secure reader.The reader supports the following key functionality:
- Multiple means of authentication are supported, including basic HTTP and form-based authentication.
- Encryption of all data using SSL.
- The creation of a secure channel with the WorkLight server, so that sensitive corporate data never pass through the home page provider (e.g. Google) and are never cached on their servers.
- Protection from a variety of potential attacks, such as cross-site or cross-gadget scripting
This is revolutionary!!